Jiofi.Local.Html login Jiofi 2 wifi hotspot router settings. http://Jiofi.local.html/index.htm web admin not working/opening 192.168.1.1. Check battery status percentage. Jiofi 3 mifi Access microSD card storage wifi disk.
Hello everyone, in last one year India witnessed a revolution in the telecom industry. The reason behind this is obviously the entry of Reliance Jio infocomm into the market. Mukesh Ambani, owner of Reliance announced the Jio telecommunications in last year. And they have provided 6 months of free 4G data. Not just the 4G services, Jio also launched some hardware devices like Jiofi which is a portable device. This can be used as a hotspot and connect as many devices as we want to access the 4G internet.
Reliance Jio partnered with Lyf smartphones and released the 4G enabled and VoLTE supported smartphones in the Indian market for a fairly cheap price. Now India became the largest country in terms of internet usage. A lot of gadget freaks started buying the Jiofi dongle and a lot of consumers reported that the initial setup of the device is a little bit difficult. So, in this page, we will be discussing how to configure Jiofi 2 or Jiofi 3 or Jiofi wifi hotspot dongle for the first time. Also, we will be talking about how to change the default password also. Please read further to know these details. We have explained everything that is required in an easy way with screenshots.
Every Jio user can visit the website jiofi.local.html or 192.168.1.1 to configure the device or to change the password or to reset the Jiofi device itself. At the time of launch, the Jiofi wifi device was priced at Rs. 2800. Now the price came down to Rs. 2000 only. Also, there is an offer currently available through which you can exchange you old dongle and get a latest Jiofi device absolutely for free. You will be eligible to get 100% cashback with it. So, what are you waiting for visit the nearest Reliance Digital store, buy the device and start exploring the web.
This is the website users have to login first and setup the device. The instructions are clearly given in the user manual. But we will be explaining now for you exclusively. This small portable Jiofi device took the internet usage to the next level at our homes. You can carry it and use it anywhere you want. It can be easily kept in our pockets and move around. Connect your mobile phone using wifi to the device and that’s it. Jiofi supports up to 31 devices. Which means you can connect 31 wireless devices at the same time and use the internet.
Once you unbox the happiness device (i.e., our Jiofi 😉 ) you will see one default password with username as “admin” or “administrator”. And every Jiofi router will be given a IP address. First of all, insert the Jio sim card in to the router. If it is not an activated sim card, then activate it first and insert into Jiofi router. Below are the steps to be followed to successfully activate the sim card.
- While buying the sim card, you will give an alternate mobile number
- An SMS will be sent to that alternate mobile number which contains Jio sim card phone number
- Once you received the phone number, insert the sim card into a VoLTE supported smartphone
- Dial 1977 to activate both voice calls and data services
- If you want only data services to be activated, then please dial 1800 890 1977
- Please keep your address proof handy, because you will be asked to provide the last 4 digits of your proof of identity
- That’s it, you will receive a confirmation SMS again saying that the sim card is now activated
Now insert the Jio sim card into Jiofi router. Switch on wifi in a laptop or a mobile phone. You will see the SSID of Jiofi router and connect to the router with the default password supplied to you with the Jiofi.
http://Jiofi.local.html Change Password
- Open the browser and type http://jiofi.local.html or 192.168.1.1
- A lot of details will be displayed about the router such as Jiofi specifications, LTE, network information, LTE, device details and system performance
- At the right side top, there will be a Login button
- Click on the login button and a popup will appear
- Enter the username as “administrator” and password also as “administrator”
- You will login into the device successfully now
- Open Network tab and click on Wifi Configuration
- Change the Network Name(SSID) as per your wish to something like “My Wifi”, “Jio Wifi” or something
- This SSID is will be the one displayed when we switch on Wifi in laptop or smartphone
- Do not modify any other settings
- Scroll a little bit down and you will see an option called Security
- Select WPA-WPA 2 Mixed in that and enter a password as you wish and click on save button
- This is the password you have to enter while connecting to the device
Change admin password of Jiofi Router using jiofi.local.html Web Admin
If the jiofi.local.html is not opening or not working, then try restarting the device and connect again. Follow the steps below to change password of the administrator.
- Open http://jiofi.local.html and click on network tab
- Choose Wifi configuration>User Management
- Here you can change the administrator password easily as per your choice
- Finally click on save button
Kindly remember that, if there any other devices connected with old SSID and Jiofi router password. Please reconnect them with the new username and password which you have changed in jiofi.local.html website. Otherwise, those devices will fail in accessing 4G internet using the Jiofi router hotspot due to authentication failure.
Video Tutorial on How to Change SSID and Password from jiofi.local.html
Benefits of Jiofi Router & http://jiofi.local.html
- Access high-speed 4G internet
- Completely portable or pocket-friendly
- High Definition(HD) voice and video calls using Jio Voice app
- Connect to 10 devices at a time which is a recommended number but not limited to
Make HD Voice or Video Calls using Jiofi Router & JioVoice App
By any chance, if you forgot the password of the Jiofi router. Then no need to go to http://jiofi.local.html. You have click on reset button available on the device itself and hold it for about 30 seconds. The router will get reset and you have to use default username and password given on the device battery compartment. If you have any questions or doubts or feedback, please let us know them via comments below.